[gui-talk] CAPTCHA is Frustrating; Solution Needed

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Feb 2 11:24:28 UTC 2013

All versions of internet explorer are very were very unsafe before the
javaruntime engine issue that came up with Oracle and Microsoft a couple
months ago happened.  The java runtime engine issue which is still very
much open just exaserbates that situation.  Woody Leonhardt on the
infoworld.com website has been writing about this issue often in the
last two months.  If you go for firefox or chrome disable java in both
of those browsers and in firefox get the webvisum add-on and in chrome
get the chromevox add-on and install those.  The chromevox add-on has
the most support for jaws.  A reason for considering chrome in the mix
is that it is usually the most secure of the three leading browsers out
of the box with no configuration modifications.  Another possibility
might be seamonkey which is accessible and especially suited to machines
with low resources.  The seamonkey browser is a replacement for both
firefox and thunderbird and has all of that inside the main seamonkey
package environment.