[GUI-Talk] Network Conflicts in the Event Log

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Mon Mar 5 21:55:17 UTC 2018

Make sure you're not trying to use both Ethernet and wireless from that machine onto the same network. This normally shouldn't cause problems because DHCP is common and would hand out different addresses for each NIC, but I'm
pretty sure I've seen this happen before, probably when one system or another of assigning constant addresses to machines was in effect. An example that *would* cause this would be a setup where someone assigned the same IP
address to both your Ethernet and your wireless on the presumption that you'd only use one at a time. I may have made that mistake myself a time or two, when trying not to overcomplicate my router's packet forwarding rules. :)