[GUI-Talk] GUI Frameworks Question

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Thu Nov 1 14:29:05 UTC 2018

I have to correct the below message.
Section 508 first appeared in the Rehabilitation Act in 1986, not 1998.
It was during the 1998 reauthorization that Congress called for regulations to be written.
A committee affiliated with the General Services Administration had started working on these issues in 1983. I was the Library of Congress's nominee, and it was called the Interagency Committee for Computer Support of Handicapped Employees.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20542   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.