[Home-on-the-range] From your monitor

maryse figueroa marysefigueroa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 20:13:28 UTC 2010

Heello Federationists.
    As the monitor of "Home-ON-The Range list", I would like to see this
platform develop in an active exchange of thoughts, ideas, and discussions.
The national convention is a great starting point.  For instance:
1- What did going to the convention mean to you
2-What did you learn?
3-Was it a life changing experieence?
4-what are you bringing back to apply to your life and to help change
another's.
DID  DEEP.
     Thus, I sart with me.  Going to Dallas to attend my first NFB
convention was a life changing experience at many levels.Let me explain.  I
am legally blind and fall in the category described, at the banquet ,by Dr.
Maurer as a middle-of-the-road blind. I then realized  I never really deep
down accepted this new challenge of 6 yrs. ago. Therefore I desperately
tried to function as a sighted person,only to experience but mediocre
results,impatience and frustration.

   The convention taught me that I can function as a bi-visual person.(no
other connotation meant!)  Yes, I am a bi-vsual person.  In other words,when
I need some sight it is there and when I need blindness skills,they are
there.  This in essence makes me a confident and competent individual better
able to serve my NFB family and enter a new career with knowledge and poise.
Thank you Kansas Federationists for having adopted this new American citizen
Sincerely
Maryse