[Home-on-the-Range] Meet the Blind month

Alison Roets aroets1750 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 15:06:51 UTC 2020

October is #MeetTheBlindMonth. Due to COVID-19, we cannot go out into the community to share our stories. So we are going to post profiles on some of our members for anyone to read. So, come #MeetTheBlind!

Dianne Hemphill has Retinitis Pigmentosa. She joined the NFB in the 70s as a young wife and mother. She has three daughters and seven grand children. She has both a bachelor's and master's degree in education. Dianne started her career as a dance teacher then moved into vocational rehabilitation for 20 years. The NFB has given Dianne the ability to live the life she wants as she volunteers and participates in activities throughout her community. Dianne is always on the lookout for new things to do and says the NFB has helped her with this.

Photo of Diane smiling at the camera wearing a gray sweater