[Home-on-the-Range] Meet the blind month

Alison Roets aroets1750 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:03:19 UTC 2020

For those of you who are nervous to talk about yourself, I had to write this about myself for myself and post it. I believe in you!

October is #MeetTheBlindMonth. Due to COVID-19, we cannot go out into the community to share our stories. So we are going to post profiles on some of our members for anyone to read. So, come #MeetTheBlind!

Alison Roets has been a member of the NFB of Kansas for three years. She has earned three NFB of Kansas academic scholarships that helped her graduate from Wichita State University this year with a degree in strategic communication. She is now an intern at Envision. Alison was born with rod-cone dystrophy and nystagmus. She got her guide dog Piper in 2016 to help her navigate  and be independent despite her visual impairment. Alison also helps run the NFB of Kansas social media pages.

Photo of me in a long sleeve blue shirt sitting with my guide dog piper