[Home-on-the-Range] Meet the blind month

Alison Roets aroets1750 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 23:11:58 UTC 2020

October is #MeetTheBlindMonth <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/meettheblindmonth?source=feed_text&epa=HASHTAG&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARDhq2Otil8oq9SloLiV3iDhCsvg46j68QeFb1fLiPVwsPnA1oJztULtjNLTUTR5j560GCeOTJqjJpS_VQiEtnIODMOzNkiHUJuOoFIdESo1QCwivBZlsBFRiU24zqzVg1e5dhgocFrhkqMXgU7Ry0Zx8WvGCD2lF2t-MyTvRge9fhX1hzJAyHQRdWj8ssf_6WhF8WjESQDdGVkGR9etm2U93TZJ2gWDWKB5JMqMil55lR2sj7vQy-7SOFFSdWBSV7fe2_fxgNf-Ax6NGySX5SWZIbRsoEG0ljmrTM1JcPljzgVcmIHEflPSJqka9atzRgG7oXQoD0GyvFEeqgNluy7nwf-w&__tn__=%2ANK-R>. Due to COVID-19, we cannot go out into the community to share our stories. So we are going to post profiles on some of our members for anyone to read. So, come #MeetTheBlind <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/meettheblind?source=feed_text&epa=HASHTAG&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARDhq2Otil8oq9SloLiV3iDhCsvg46j68QeFb1fLiPVwsPnA1oJztULtjNLTUTR5j560GCeOTJqjJpS_VQiEtnIODMOzNkiHUJuOoFIdESo1QCwivBZlsBFRiU24zqzVg1e5dhgocFrhkqMXgU7Ry0Zx8WvGCD2lF2t-MyTvRge9fhX1hzJAyHQRdWj8ssf_6WhF8WjESQDdGVkGR9etm2U93TZJ2gWDWKB5JMqMil55lR2sj7vQy-7SOFFSdWBSV7fe2_fxgNf-Ax6NGySX5SWZIbRsoEG0ljmrTM1JcPljzgVcmIHEflPSJqka9atzRgG7oXQoD0GyvFEeqgNluy7nwf-w&__tn__=%2ANK-R>!
Bruce Roberds was diagnosed with Juvenile Macular Degeneration at age 17. He is thankful to still have a decent amount of working vision today. He was introduced to the NFB of Kansas when he went to Envision to purchase a talking phone. Bruce has two adult sons and three grandchildren, one of whom he is currently raising on his own because he was born right around when COVID-19 began. Bruce enjoys cooking and is known for bringing recipes to both NFB and Envision meetings. He raises a vegetable garden every summer where he grows ingredients to use in his cooking. Bruce has volunteered at the Envision Store and golf fundraiser as well. He says he is overwhelmed by the amount of support he receives from both Envision and the NFB.

Photo of Bruce in a striped shirt, name tag with his name on it, and glasses, smiling at the camera.