[humanser] Medical Social Work

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 31 00:43:33 UTC 2008

Dear Leslie & List:

Welcome to the list and know that each of us has been in your place at one
time or another.

I know that there are Social Workers doing medical social work, in fact the
Vice President of this division, David Sayer, is retired from medical social
work after a long career in NYC.  You will find that this division has
counselors in a wide variety of practices.

My hospital's computer documentation is a pain too, but it was made easier
by having a Blind Services consultant create JAWS and Window-Eyes scripts to
make it work.  While I don't know what state you are in I imagine that your
counselor from the state agency for the blind would be able to help you with
this.  It is an inexpensive solution to a very real workplace problem.
I do some of my documentation this way, but have found that my documents,
scanned into Word documents, is my own best way.  You, using your
creativity, will find your own best way.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth, Sol System