[humanser] Medical Social Work

Vicky Winslow vicky at well.com
Wed Dec 31 01:58:03 UTC 2008

Greetings, Leslie,
Oh, believe me, this is not a vague subject and, unfortunately, it is one that comes up often on lists for blind human service
providers. I wish there were an easy answer to the charting problem. But there isn't. There are options. But, from what I have
observed, none are a perfect solution. I spent many more hours during my internship doing charting than did my sighted peers because
the software was inaccessible. My solution was to do a lot of cutting a pasting,  often with the intervention of my supervisor who
was reading my work anyway. Some people scan forms then fill them out using Word or Kurzweil or other such software. But I think the
problem of inaccessible electronic records will only increase.
I worked in a medical environment. But I'm sure there are others who do that currently. Good luck.

Vicky Winslow, LMSW