[humanser] INTERVIEWING

Sandy sandraburgess at msn.com
Wed Oct 23 23:49:25 UTC 2013

JD, thanks for your thoughts on this matter.  From your original post about
interviewing, I figured you didn't come out in depth concerning
accommodations, useful technology, etc.  I originally rewrote documents that
all the other clinicians filled out by hand.  Then I'd sit with clients and
use my Braille display and Pac Mate to fill in the forms, or write notes,
etc.  The display is especially great for me as I have a hearing loss and
can't pay attention to synthetic speech when being attentive to clients
talking to me.  The hard part is that I mostly hear from one ear, making it
pretty impossible to know exactly where sound is coming from (I often
explain this to new clients). My forms got synchronized to my desktop and
printed. When we began to use third party electronic software, my situation
worsened.  I found a work-around to do the paperwork, which worked for me,
but was hard to skim read for anyone who wanted to determine which choices I
labeled amongst the options on the form. Well, the bottom line is to be
positive and practical.

Sandy