[humanser] . Re: Academic/Professional Update and Request for Advice

Sarah Meyer sarah.meyer55 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 22:22:10 UTC 2014

Hi Kelsey and Ashley,
Thanks for your responses.
Ashley, I don't think your post to the NABS list came through to
me...if it included anything different than on this list can you
please send it to me off list?

Kelsey, I do feel confident about navigating a city bus system but do
not feel as comfortable with taking trains and navigating those kinds
of systems.  Granted, that wouldn't be a part of my grad school
experience, but I would hope to have the option and freedom, including
confidence, to move to a larger city like Chicago after grad school.
Plus, I want to feel more confident when traveling out of state.
Regarding assistive technology, I do know how to use a scanner and
used that regularly in undergrad.  I feel comfortable with using JAWS
and most Microsoft applications but don't know how to use PowerPoint;
I also struggle with confidence about formatting Word documents.
I also want to improve my use of the Braille Note and other note-taking skills.

Thanks for your thoughtful questions!

Sarah