[humanser] Give phone number when promottimg online?

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 13 03:36:32 UTC 2014

Hello:

Marketing our services is local & personal.  People will chose your services
when they have a feel for who you are.  Offering to speak at local business,
church, and service clubs on any mental health subject is an excellent
exercise.  Likewise offering your services for free to local police, fire
and hospital workers will result in getting your name and practice style out
there.  Some folks offer a local newspaper a weekly colum that identifies
various subjects.

To my way of thinking internet radio may get you listened to in Argentina,
but patients will come from your neighborhood.  Personally, I would not
visit a psychotherapist whose name I found on a flier;  it just doesn't
sound very professional.

I often give out a telephone number that is associated with a message
machine only, in my case a pager number.I call back from a real 'phone.
That is the number found on my business card.  It is worth it to pay for
nice cards and hand them out liberally.

Best of luck.