[humanser] Drivers license requirement for employment

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 18:29:47 UTC 2014

Good Tuesday morning,

What a great idea, finding independence via collaboration with
someone who happens to have eyesight, not relying on some computer.
Perhaps, some blind people could b more open to such a concept, after
all, remember, upon recruiting Ol'Sighty to read and enter
information into a form, or do the driving or locate something you
have dropped, a blind person must still use their know-how to direct
the sighted person, I.E, entering information on a form. Also, I
don't think ol'Sighty notices the arduous means the blink often goes,
even to accomplish basic tasks, much less do something like acquire
and maintain a job or an education. All he seems to notice is the
ends. Do you have a job? not, how did you do the job? Did you find
the bus stop and  not, did you somehow, create a mental map in your
head detailing the layout of addresses of the whole neighborhood
before finding it completely alone, with only the help of your long white cane?
for today, Car