[humanser] FW: [Nfb-lions] New member intro and penpal magazine

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 03:31:54 UTC 2014

I think you should write about it.  The battle parents have whether  public
or state school for their child still exists.  I didn't have friends that
pulled away from me as we grew older, but I didn't have the glamorous
friends either.  I think I was pretty lucky.  But then, growing up in a
small town these kids saw me at school, at church etc. and  didn't treat me
differently.  In fact I don't mind going to high school reunions.  I never
dreamed I'd think that way back then.  In my community there's only one
middle school and one high school  Doesn't matter which grade school--public
or private you attend.  We all get dumped together eventually.  Kids today
have so many opportunities to be "normal" than we did.  Blind kids are on
twitter just like sighted and that's great.  An opportunity to  bully too of
course but at least they can learn more of what's going on. More things are
accessible.  Just getting a book that was current on talking books was
tough.    I felt like I was in my own world a lot of times.  I didn't care
then, but now it does kind of bother me.  Guys were friends, but nothing
more.  I guess it wasn't cool to consider dating someone who sniffs paper.

Write an article Sandy!  Oh, and send me a copy in grade 1 braille. (just
teasing)

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short