[humanser] Making client notes and back-to-back sessions

Michael Abell bigdog4744 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 11:51:44 UTC 2016

Hello,
	Interesting that this topic comes up right now. I am writing notes
as we speak. I often have back to back sessions and need to remember to
input my notes. Saturday I had 8 clients back to back. The clients dictate
the necessity of Saturday visits. Many cannot meet during the week and
family sessions are almost always on Saturdays.
	I have a colleague that finishes her notes between sessions. She
does not have the load that I have and she is not blind. She also cuts her
sessions short to accommodate her process.
	I use recordings to assist me. I include the recording note in my
informed consent so that the client is not caught off guard. I also follow
my states requirements for storage of these recordings.
	I hope this is helpful! Now I am back to my notes!

Warmly,

Rev. Michael “Big Dog” Abell

Helping individuals to find their eyes in the dark.

The Family Ministry Counseling and Psychotherapy Services
700 E Jefferson St. Suite 250
Phoenix, Arizona  85034
(602) 253-4084 ext 1

Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended
only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged or confidential
information. Any distribution, reading, copying or use of this communication
and any attachments by anyone other than the addressee, is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by e-mail (
bigdog4744 at gmail.com) or telephone (602-253-4084), and permanently destroy
or delete the original and any copies or printouts of this e-mail and any
attachments.