[humanser] Question about Process of Disclosure of Blindnesswith minors

Mary Ann Robinson brightsmile1953 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 22:56:32 UTC 2016

Hi Sarah,

I agree with Merry and Ginny.

Mary Ann Robinson

-----Original Message-----
From: Merry Schoch via humanser
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 12:01 PM
To: 'Human Services Division Mailing List'
Cc: Merry Schoch
Subject: Re: [humanser] Question about Process of Disclosure of
Blindnesswith minors

Hi Sarah,

I disclose  with parent in room.  I first tell them I am blind and without
taking a breath, so they don't have much time to react, I let them know to
use words instead of knodding their head; then humorously I say if I have a
funny look on my face that is usually your clue to use your words.  After
that statement there is laughter and we move past the issue of blindness.
I find that kids usually don't have an issue asking questions if they are
curious.
Hope this helps.
Merry C. Schoch