[humanser] Office Behavior

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon May 16 16:43:06 UTC 2016

You pose a very good question. I would like to share my experience however limited it is I hope you will find it helpful.
I'll begin with addressing your question about technology first find out what your employers policy is regarding the use of cell phones. In the office culture where I work it is acceptable to make and receive cell phone calls on a limited basis using wise discretion you ask about using your iPad and other technologies. Again check to see what is acceptable at your workplace and then talk to your supervisor about the need to use your various forms of technology. If necessary it is quite reasonable to explain that the use of the iPad or other forms of technology is the equivalent of using pen to paper or even the desktop. These are conversations I've had with my supervisor I am fortunate in that my supervisor is very flexible and open-minded and her bottom line is she wants the work done you ask about laughter. Laughter is the best medicine however it depends on your work environment. Where I work we occasionally chat back-and-forth and we do laugh a lot it is a positive Envir meant. In some instances coworkers will play music on their cell phones at a relatively low level on occasion I have requested that the music we turn down. I work in a confined office space with a number of coworkers. I also use headphones when working on the desktop. Even so this does not always filter out the side conversations. This is a challenge to me because I'm easily distracted and it increases my anxiety. Well my break is over and I'm back to the office from Lisa Irving

Sent from my iPhone