[humanser] Blind counselors and body language

Ally Matt ally.matt0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 01:09:21 UTC 2017

I have been able to discern the important information throughh voice cues and other audible indicators. I have actually had some clients find my visual impairment a benefit. I had asked a client expressed gratitude that I would not be able to judge her body because I couldn't see. I have had a couple of clients expressed concern about being able to work with me because I am blind, but that has often been resolved once we meet for the first time. I actually think that sometimes I have an advantage in that I can't see things that might distract. I have to focus on what the client is saying and at the tone of their voice.

Sent from my iPhone