[IABS-Talk] Thank you for a great national convention

president at nfbofillinois.org president at nfbofillinois.org
Mon Jul 18 17:47:10 UTC 2022

Hello my federation family,

AS I continue to recover from our first in-person national convention in
three years, I want to offer gratitude for each of you. I am thankful for
everyone who was able to attend virtually and in-person, for those who threw
banquet parties virtually and in-person and for those who offered their
talents and energy to make this a memorable event for all.

And as we cherish the memories of our 2022 national convention, let's begin
to think about the memories that we will make at our 2022 state convention.
I am looking forward to our state convention at the Chicago Marriott
Naperville Hotel in Naperville, October 28-30. Please begin to think about
registering for the convention and making your hotel reservation. Call
630-505-4900 to make your hotel reservation and tell them that you are with
the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois. I anticipate that the
convention registration form will go live within the next few weeks.

If you need financial assistance to attend the convention or know someone
who needs assistance, Chappell Dennis funding is available. Visit
www.nfbofillinois.org <http://www.nfbofillinois.org>  to download the
application and submit it via e-mail to president at nfbofillinois.org
<mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org>  by the deadline. The deadline for
applications is Thursday, September 1 at 11:59pm.

I am looking forward to an awesome state convention as we continue to work
together to live the lives that we want.

With gratitude,

Marilyn Green, President

312-343-8396

president at nfbofillinois.org <mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org>

www.nfbofillinois.org <http://www.nfbofillinois.org/>

Live the life you want!

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is a community of members
and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.s