[IABS-Talk] at large convention assistance

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Mon May 2 11:47:46 UTC 2022

At Large Chapter

Application for assistance in attending National Convention

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois believes it is
important for those who may not have had much personal contact with
other Federationists to attend the NFB National Convention. Those of us
who have attended conventions believe that the experience changes the
lives of attendees, allowing us to interact with blind people who are
living the lives they want and work around the obstacles blindness is
thought to impose. Unfortunately, the expenses of traveling to and from
a national convention and the associated food and lodging expenses of
attending preclude many from participating in the experience, an
experience only partially available over Zoom. The At Large Chapter set
out to assist possible attendees by conducting a popcorn fund raiser,
which was generously supported by members and others. This application
allows us to select a person or persons to whom we will provide
assistance to those whose limited resources would otherwise make
convention attendance impossible. Potential Recipients must also
demonstrate genuine interest in, and commitment to the blind of
Illinois or the potential to develop such interest and commitment.
Recipients are expected to attend all sessions relative to the convention.

        The attached application must be completely filled out and
emailed to NFBI At Large President Dave Meyer. Please submit this form
in an accessible format, .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf or an accessible Adobe
PDF. The form may be attached to a message and emailed to datemeyer at mysero.net.

Assistance to NFBI National Convention Application

APPLICANT:
Name                                    Date

Phone:
Cell:
e-mail:

Check (X) each item for which assistance is sought. Indicate the
assistance you need and estimate the amount needed.
( ) Transportation:             $______
( ) Lodging:                    $ covers ___ # of nights.
Note: award of $65 per night assumes double occupancy. Single occupants
are responsible for the difference.

( ) Meals: $                            ______
( )  Registration:              $25
( ) Banquet:                    $70

( ) other: ____________________________________________
I expect my costs for the above to be approximately:  $____

NFBI reserves the right to reduce or eliminate any award based on a
change of plans by the applicant.  For example, if you indicate that
you will stay 5 nights and change your plans to stay less time, (absent
an emergency) the NFBI At Large Chapter may require repayment of all or
a portion of the award.

Please indicate your estimated yearly income.
Indicate any other sources for funding you have applied to, including
the NFB Jernigan Award, other NFBI Chapters, etc:

Indicate Federation activities in which you have been involved,
including but not limited to conventions, seminars, fund raising,
legislative action, and chapter membership :

Signature of Applicant:  (You may sign electronically)

RELEASE FROM ALL LIABILITY AND CONSENT FORM

If the applicant is under age 18 at the time of the event, a parent or
guardian must sign a release.  This ensures that all under aged
applicants have parental permission to attend the event and submit this
application.

By signing my name below, I agree to assume all risks and to release,
hold harmless, and covenant not to sue the National Federation of the
Blind or any designated beneficiaries, sponsors, officers, officials,
affiliates, chapters, communities, organizations, friends of the event,
and all other government or public entities and all their respective
directors, officers, agents, employees, and members for any claim,
loss, or liability that I may have arising out of my participation in
the event.

I / My child will participate in the event facilitated by the National
Federation of the Blind of Illinois.  I / My child will adhere to any
and all rules and policies of the Program.  I agree / My child has
permission to participate in all activities of the Program.

Name of Participant

Name of Parent / Guardian (if participant is under 18 years of age)

Signature of Parent / Guardian (if participant is under 18 years old)