[il-talk] Candy sales

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 00:54:11 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

Since I posted the candy list from Kathryn Beich, the fundraising committee
met and determined that this was the company we would go with for candy
sales this year.  And so it was upon the first day that orders appeared to
be plentiful but alas, since that time, the well has appeared to run dry.
And so it is time to prime the pump for our chapter.

Remember the wonderful sweetness we were able to extend to the community at
large last year thanks to the Spring candy sale?  Well, it is time to extend
that privilege to the community again, so that we may fortify our chapter
with the necessary funds to do such things as assisting applicants for
Washington Seminar, extend our positive message to the disability community
at large through our efforts at venues such as the Discovery Conference,
which will again be held this year, et cetra.

Please remember that this can only be done with funds that we ourselves must
raise.  We did a great job collectively last year.  Let's keep the ball
rolling this year.

Thanks to Kelly Doty, Ken Staley and the Meyers for starting this process.
Let us all work together so that this process may continue.