[il-talk] Internship assistance through Midwest Alliance

Hai Nguyen gymnastdave at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 24 20:19:47 UTC 2011

Good afternoon all,
This may be of interest to some of you.

***

From: Susan Walter [mailto:smwalter at charter.net]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 10:42 AM
Subject: Opportunity for college students who have a disability

Greetings!
Are you or someone you know a part-time or full-time college student in
Illinois, Iowa, or Wisconsin who has a disability and is interested in
receiving help finding an internship in a science, social science,
technology, engineering, or math field?  The Midwest Alliance is here to
help!
Benefits to applicants include the help searching for internships, stipends
of up to $200, and the ability to gain experience and information about
accommodations and career choices.  Online applications to our internship
and mentoring programs are being accepted now through February 15th, 2011 at
the following website:
http://stemmidwest.org/default.asp?contentID=543

Sincerely,
Dan Nordstrom, MSSW, CAPSW, SAC-IT
Midwest Alliance
427 Goodnight Hall
University of Wisconsin - Madison
1975 Willow Dr.
Madison, WI 53706
(608) 890-0992 TTY
dnordstrom at wisc.edu
Michelle Petersen, M.S.Ed.
Midwest Alliance
University of Illinois
Disability Resources and Educational Services
1207 S. Oak St. - MC 574
Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 244-1571
mpriddy at illinois.edu
 This email was sent as a public service from the Midwest Alliance at the
University of Wisconsin-Madison ~ www.stemmidwest.org (National Science
Foundation Grant No. 0533197).  To unsubscribe from our mailing list, please
send a blank email to unsub-news at lists.wisc.edu