[il-talk] Tech Question - Context Menu

George Villa georgejvilla at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 01:00:23 UTC 2012

Hello Debbie

This is a common problem with JAWS regardless of the JAWS version you have.
The problem is JAWS looses focus with the screen. There are several things
you can do to correct the situation.

One:  Sometimes, JAWS will lose contact with the computer screen. This is
known as losing focus. When this happens, hold the Windows key (also known
as the start up key) and press the M key to go to the desktop. Then resume
your task.

Two:  I will use the hot keys for example alt, control, C to open the
calculator or any other hot key application. This will bring the computer
back into focus and you can then continue with what you were doing.

George Villa