[il-talk] Matilda Ziegler Magazine -- weekly edition September30

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 4 06:07:47 UTC 2013

I finally got around to read this from you Denise. You put this well.

Back in mid June (when I got my computer out here in Orange, CA) I sent an
email to Pat Hughes and Keath Morland (the Chicago Cubs radio broadcasters.)
Keath read the email and said I was "visually impaired.) I finally decided
to email them again about two weeks ago about another subject. AT the same
time, I asked for Keath Morland to make the proper substitution and please
use the word "blind." I missed the next game and don't know if he made that
change. I do know that he read another one of my emails I sent later that
week.

As I, and others here in California and Illinois have said over the years,
we need to continue to "educate" the general public on blindness and
blindness issues. I know in Orange County, many blind people don't know we
igzist. As still president of the OC chapter, I am trying now to make a
concerted effort in changing this. There are a lot of issues here in OC that
I would like to see changed.

Also, my step son, Jesse, worked at Party City in Costa Mesa for a while. He
had several blind people come in and ask for help. Because Jesse delt with
me and also the Federation, he knew what to do and not to do. Many of the
blind customers were very appreciative of his efforts. The other workers
didn't understand how he was able to do this. I really think stores and
store workers really don't get it sometimes.

Sorry for the long disertation. As many of you know who have known me this
short and ometimes longer times, when I get on a soapbox, I don't stop.

Please feel free to send me comments either on or off list on this.

By the way, I have to say this, It is going to be about 90 degrees this
weekend in Socal. HOW WARM IS IT BACK IN ILLINOIS? LOL.