[il-talk] RSA-15

Denise Avant davant1958 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 12:55:31 UTC 2015

Dear Bruce,

I am happy that you have made a career choice to enter into the BEP program. It is a great program, and as you know, many members of NFBI have gone through, completed, and are doing well in the program. Also the merchants  are now a division of NFB.
Before you published your concerns to the Il-talk list, I had not heard from you that you were experiencing any difficulty with or had concerns about aspects  of the BEP program. Had I known, as your state president, i would have been happy to try to assist you or direct you to people who could assist you. Also, Patti Chang, who is a national board member, and a person whom you have known for many years, would have been willing to assist.
Ed Birmingham has offered to speak to you off list about your issues or concerns with the program. The Il-talk list is not the way to handle this matter.  I strongly urge you to work with Ed, and/or myself or Patti to resolve your concerns.

Denise R. Avant
President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois
Live the life you want