[IL-Talk] Treated Like a 2 year old

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 15:27:05 UTC 2022

These stories are disheartening. A few months ago, I needed an emergency
medical appointment and my doctor wasn't available. I saw another doctor and
after looking at my chart she said she had always wanted to meet a patient
with retinopathy of prematurity. I felt I was treated like a scientific
specimen and was shocked at the woman. I don't know if doctors get training
on disability etiquette in medical school but if they don't, they should. I
could relate many other examples of being badly treated but
I think all of you get the idea.

Thanks,
Dan