[IL-Talk] 2023 Midwest Student seminar registration

Sara Luna sol.sky.luna at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 19:08:56 UTC 2023

Deeper than the Surface

The National Association of Blind Students (NABS) and the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois invite you to the annual Midwest regional seminar, a fun-filled weekend brimming with opportunities for professional growth, confidence building, and mentorship!

Friday, March 24th (6:00 PM) – Sunday, March 26th (12:00 PM)
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare Area.
5615 North Cumberland Avenue
Chicago, IL 60631

As blind students, we are encountering unique daily realities that often remain unrecognized or misunderstood by the people around us. The National Association of Blind Students is thrilled to invite you to dive "Deeper than the Surface" with us as we explore these shared experiences with students from all over the region. It will be an engaging weekend packed with opportunities to challenge your perceptions and network with blind peers and mentors alike. You can expect a mix of interactive activities, thought-provoking conversations, and riveting presentations—with topics covering everything from securing accommodations to finding identity as a blind person. Ultimately, this journey promises to empower you to identify new ways of living the life you want. Regardless of where you are in your education, we hope you’ll join us for a weekend of growth and fun!

Registration closes on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, but before you rush to reserve your spot, please note the following:

• Each attendee is responsible for a $100 registration fee, payable to the NFB of Illinois, which will cover meals throughout the weekend as well as administrative expenses necessary to support this event. We encourage you to proactively reach out to your vocational rehabilitation agency and/or National Federation of the Blind state affiliate to help offset this expense. This fee is due by the time registration closes. Until we receive both your registration form response and this fee, your spot is not guaranteed.

• Masks will be required during any/all 2023 Midwest Student Seminar activities except while eating or drinking.

• Finally, we will not be assigning roommates for this event. We are more than happy to support you in finding a roommate if you require assistance, which you can indicate on the registration form linked below; however, if you do not either take the initiative to procure a roommate or reach out for assistance, you will be responsible for the hotel expense of $99 + applicable taxes and fees for each night of the event.

Register here and pay your $100 registration fee to participate: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfl08AuG503YqoJpkzHuhiFTGxUTk_BsKrRZR7Od8gNGUn3EA/viewform ZR7Od8gNGUn3EA/viewform

Please direct questions to NABS 2nd Vice President Sara Luna (sol.sky.luna at gmail.com)

We hope to have as many of you attend as possible!

Sara Luna,
She, her, hers.
Second Vice President National Association of Blind Students.
Board member, National Federation Of The Blind of Illinois.