[IL-Talk] Research Project

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 18:09:32 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I was referred to this individual by Sharon Howerton. I spoke with him by
phone and appreciate his interest in developing a new Braille display. I was
skeptical about his methodology and approach. If any of you are interested
in talking with him here is his contact information.

Name: Adil Jussupov

e-mail: Adil Jussupov jussupov at stanford.edu <mailto:jussupov at stanford.edu>

phone: (650)3349642

I suggested that he should review the excellent resources on our national
website to find out how people read and use Braille. He wants to develop a
one-cell display and I don't think that is a productive line of research. We
have had at least one commercial product with a single cell as well as other
prototype devices which never made it to the market. Adil says he is sending
me a prototype device to test but I am skeptical. I'm sharing this
information in the hope that other Braille users will contact him and
explain how they use Braille.

Thanks,

Dan