[Jayhawk-chapter] Chapter Meeting Notice and Agenda

Sidney Roedel shroedel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:48:32 UTC 2017

Hello Everyone,

I am not eager to write this note, but I guess I may as well get at it.  I
will not be able to attend our meeting Saturday because I will be watching
the Jayhawks play basketball.  This happens every year at this time, and I
had intended to ask, before the season arrived, whether we might
consider rearranging our spring meeting times (the Feb game also falls on
the third Sat, and I suppose the same could be true during the NCAA
tournament in April; Big 12 tournament comes early in March).

For example, I wonder if we might be able to agree on a Saturday morning
meeting during those months.

I know that not everyone -- maybe not anyone else  -- cares about watching
these games.  Maybe a few of you do but are fine with recording the games
and watching later.  In any case, I admit freely that this is a matter of
personal priorities -- and mine are embarrassingly clear.  At age 81, I
find myself making such choices more frequently.  Not a very good citizen
-- just an old one.

Come May, I will be back, with a smile on my face.  Of course I will
participate in the annual bracketing event, and, if there are activities I
can help with in the meantime, I will gladly do that.

My apologies and my best to each of you.

Sidney