[Jayhawk-chapter] NARA raider training session help

Timothy timothy.hornik at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:20:23 UTC 2018

Greetings,
my personal experience with narrator is very positive. Microsoft has devoted much time and effort into bringing narrator on par with NVDA and JAWS. They still have a little more to go with it, but I see this being the go to screen reader. In the AT world, we are witnessing the trend of Accessible Tech over taking Assistive Tech, i.e. MacOS with Voice Over aod Zoom, ChrokeOS and ChromeVox, Windows with Narrator/Magnifier, etc... Even more exciting is how the Microsoft Accessibility team has made the development of accessibility tools and features a priority within Microsoft, similar to that of Apple's devotion. Because of this, we have Narrator on the XBox with EA Sports picking up the accessibility drive, Office gaining new tools, even sales reps excited and knowledgeable on the accessibility options within Windows to Microsoft iOS Apps.

For self publicity, I have been developing a Get Started with Narrator podcast and teleconference series for several months now that follows along with the Microsoft Get Started With Narrator guide. I am running a very cheap and horrifically underpowered Windows 10 computer that cannot even run JAWS, yet Narrator works fine with Office, Edge, Outlook, and Netflix. Here is the link for the series.

http://blindnotalone.com/tag/narrator/