[KeyStoneChapter] Tell Your Story with Blind Parenting

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Mon Aug 3 03:02:41 UTC 2020

CALL FOR PERSONAL STORIES
TELL YOUR STORY ABOUT BLIND PARENTING

Being a Blind Parent in Pennsylvania

A Special Publication of the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania
Justin Salisbury, Editor

Are you a blind parent? Do you know blind parents? Are you a child of a blind parent? Are you a blind person who wants to be a parent?

In this special publication of the NFB of Pennsylvania, we are looking forward to documenting the lived experiences of blind people in the arena of parenting. We are looking to collect stories, ideas, and feelings that people have about the ability of blind parents to contribute to the development and well-being of a child. We work to raise the societal expectations of blind people and to show the world that we can be parents, too. Stories about discrimination and negative attitudes are welcome because identifying problems can help inform advocacy efforts to address them.

For this publication, we are looking for:

  *   Stories from children and adults who were raised by blind parents
  *   Stories from people who have had positive intergenerational relationships with blind people who have contributed to their lives in ways that a parent should
  *   Stories from blind parents who have been raising children
  *   Stories from friends and neighbors of blind parents who have witnessed the ability of blind people to raise children
  *   Stories from blind people who hope to be parents in the future, including by means of adoption and foster care

Submissions of any length will be considered, but submissions between 250 and 1,000 words are most ideal. For any questions, or to make a submission, contact:

Justin Salisbury, Editor
808salisbury at Gmail.com<mailto:808salisbury at Gmail.com> | 808-797-8606

Submission Deadline: September 15, 2020

Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury
ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Justin_Salisbury

"Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."

Cesar Chavez