[KeyStoneChapter] September Keystone Chapter Meeting Recap & Links

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Fri Sep 15 06:49:38 UTC 2023

Hey there, Keystone Chapter Members and Friends,

It was a hot day for those who traveled to the Penn Museum for our monthly meeting on Saturday, September 9. If you couldn't make it, I hope you were able to be part of the meeting via Zoom. We listened to Presidential Release #530 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tvp0xS-M-0&t=127s>. This is the YouTube version of the release. The audio-only chapter version is not available as of this writing.

After the meeting at the museum, seven of us walked over to New Deck Tavern for lunch. Harriet talked us all into getting dessert, except for our new member, Chip.

Board members Kat Bottner, Lisa Bryant, and Mark Bias weren't at the meeting. They were busy at the Disability Pride Parade at our Keystone Chapter table. They chatted with people, had braille games to play, and handed out plenty of NFB literature.

Next Meeting Date Change

Our next meeting has been moved to October 7 due to a scheduling conflict with the Penn Museum. After the meeting, we will have a little chapter picnic at Cira Green <https://www.ciragreen.com/>, the "Park in the Sky." Bring lunch or purchase it there. Enjoy the food and the company 12 stories up in the park that overlooks the Schuylkill River and the Philadelphia skyline.

2024 Membership Dues

We found out earlier this year that the NFB of PA Constitution requires chapter membership dues to be paid by December 31 of the prior year. What does this mean? If you want to be a voting member of the Keystone Chapter, your 2024 dues must be received by December 31, 2023. Dues are $10. The chapter gets $5, and the NFB of PA gets $5 for your membership. There are a few ways you can pay. You can give me cash or a check when you see me at a meeting. You can pay via PayPal by going to:
 https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=VFEB76KHZ5ZPG <https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=VFEB76KHZ5ZPG> . You can mail a check to me and make it payable to Keystone Chapter NFB of PA. Mail it to:
David Goldstein
1425 Parklane Road
Swarthmore, PA 19081

Keystone Chapter T-shirts

Get your orders in for our new t-shirts! The shirts are red with our Keystone Chapter logo on the front in white and the phrase "Live the life you want!" in white on the back. The shirts are $20 for small to extra large and $25 for 2XL, 3XL, and 4XL. You can pay online at www.keystonechapter.com <http://www.keystonechapter.com/>; select your size from the dropdown menu. Navigate to the Buy Now button. This will take you to PayPal to checkout. You can either log in to your PayPal account to pay or navigate to the following link: pay with a debit or credit card. You can pay me in person at the September meeting or mail a check to me at the address listed above. Contact me if you have questions or need assistance.

Believe You Can! 2023

The 4th Annual Believe You Can! Talent Show is happening on October 14 at 8 PM! Do you have talent? Sign up to be a performer at https://www.BelieveYouCan.live/talent <https://www.believeyoucan.live/talent>. Tickets are on sale now! Please promote this event to your friends and family. Purchase tickets at https://www.BelieveYouCan.live/tickets <https://www.believeyoucan.live/tickets>. But wait, there's more! This year, we are selling merch! T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, weekender bags, and more! Go to https://www.BelieveYouCan.live/gear <https://www.believeyoucan.live/gear> to check it all out.

2023 State Convention

The NFB of PA State Convention is at the Crowne Plaza in Harrisburg from November 9 to 12! Register now for the lowest registration fee at https://nfbofpa.org/2023-state-convention-registration/ <https://nfbofpa.org/2023-state-convention-registration/>. Book your room at the hotel by calling (717) 234-5021. Let the hotel know that you are there for the NFB of PA convention so that you receive the $99 per night rate. If you plan to travel to Harrisburg via Amtrak, use code V819 when booking to receive the disability discount. A round trip from Philadelphia to Harrisburg should be about $36.

White Cane Coffee

Support the Keystone Chapter while supporting a small business owned by a blind woman. Use our affiliate link https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/ <https://whitecanecoffee.com/ref/KeystoneChapter/> when purchasing from the White Cane Coffee website. The Keystone Chapter earns a 10% commission, and there is no additional cost to you. They are currently offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more. Want to learn more? Listen to episode 072 of White Canes Connect titled "Brewing Success: White Cane Coffee's Inspiring Journey." <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_072_post.mp3>

White Canes Connect Podcast

We recently dropped episode 082 <https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_082_post.mp3>. Lisa and I speak with Melissa Wilcox, Jessica Baer, and Juliette Warren about Philly Achilles, the athletic and social organization. You can listen to all episodes on Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>, Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music <https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>, IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>, and YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/@pablindpodcast>. Subscribe and follow us so you never miss an episode! Contact us about the show at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com <mailto:whitecanesconnect at gmail.com>.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

David

David Goldstein
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>