[Md-sligo] Fw: [Nfbmd] NFB of Maryland Convention Exhibits

d 63characters at comcast.net
Sun Oct 17 19:54:37 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Riccobono, Mark
To: nfbmd at nfbnet.org ; Greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:29 AM
Subject: [Nfbmd] NFB of Maryland Convention Exhibits

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We are just a week away from the excitement of the convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland in Annapolis, and I hope that you plan to attend.  As you know the convention will take place from October 22-24 (if you need more details on the convention hotel, please visit www.nfbmd.org).

The convention is a wonderful time to learn more about progress in the NFB and about resources available in Maryland. We are again pleased to feature an exhibit hall on Friday afternoon and we encourage you to spend a few minutes visiting with the exhibitors who have taken the time to come to the convention. The exhibit hall will be open on Friday, October 22, from 1-6 p.m. in the Mainsail West Room at the Doubletree. This is a perfect time for you to see some of the resources and products available to you.  Below you will find a list of the exhibitors planning to attend the convention-be sure to make time to see what they have to offer!

Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM): CORE program and SAIL program

Braille-A-Wear: Braille embossed apparel

The Center for Sleep and Wake Disorders: Sleep study recruitment in totally blind individuals with no light perception

Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind: Services and resources

DORS, Office of Blind and Vision Services: DORS/OBVS services

Freedom Scientific: Access technology

Integration Technologies Group, Inc.: HumanWare distributor of access technology

Maryland Library for the Blind: Services and resources

Maryland Technology Assistance Program: Services and support for acquiring technology

NFB Access Technology Team: Objective technology guidance and tips from your NFB technology experts

NFB-NEWSLINE: Newspapers and magazines over the phone, Web, or in your pocket

NPR Labs

University of Vermont: Check out the thermal eraser for the SEWELL raised line drawing kit.  Now, you can erase your mistakes

 Thank you to our convention sponsors and exhibitors--please be sure to acknowledge their support of our convention by visiting with them next week.

Sincerely,

Mark Riccobono

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5536 (20101016) __________

http://www.eset.com

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfbmd:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmd_nfbnet.org/63characters%40comcast.net

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5539 (20101017) __________

http://www.eset.com