[Mn-abs] Hello all

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Jun 25 18:23:02 UTC 2014

Amy,

Welcome to this list.  Although this list is a little quiet, we do have an active Student Division here in
Minnesota.  Also, as you know, one of the three training centers, BLIND Incorporated is located here in
Minneapolis and many of us try to help out there.  We can get you into contact with someone there if you are
interested in more information from a staff person, or you can also visit their web site at

http://www.blindinc.org

There are usually seventy or so from Minnesota at the national convention, and among that number are most of the
students and staff from BLIND Incorporated.  We also have a number of our student division members there as well,
including a national scholarship winner.  If you are attending the convention, you will find that we sit in state
delegations after the general sessions start on Friday and it will then be easy to locate some of us.  I am not
officially a student but do some work with our lists, but we're all students when it comes down to it.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:38:38 -0500, Amy Hatten via Mn-abs wrote:

>Hello all!
>I'm new to this list. My name is Amy. I'm originally from southwest Minnesota, but moved across the border into
SD. I graduated from Southwest Minnesota State University in 2011 with a Bachelors degree in Psychology. And would
love to meet and network with individuals from Minnesota! I would love the opportunity to meet and talk to anyone
who has attended one of the three training centers because I am considering it but have so many questions and
don't know if it is "right" for me.