[musictlk] Jackie Evancho

Amy Billman amy0223 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 18:27:46 UTC 2010

Honestly she sounds like a 10 year old trying to sing opera.

As a person who studied voice for most of my life as well as taught it, I
think she's attempting to sing music that is too big for her voice; a voice
which I might add, hasn't fully matured and developed yet.
I will never understand why kids this young try to do music which most
everyone else is doing in high school or college.
While I did as a teacher and vocal coach have some kids at 11 in my studeo,
they were never given demanding voice work like that.

And now, sadly there's going to be so much hype surrounding this child; and
she's going to be made to believe that she's wonderful.
If she makes it to college, her head will be bigger than it ought to be by
that point, and she'll get knocked on her butt when she tries to play with
the big boys so-to-speak.
Personally, I don't think it's healthy morally or vocally... But... *smile*

Why can't folks just let their kids study, and then maybe when they're
older; then decide to try to have the big opera or singing career? Wow oh
wow!
Amy Billman
"Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter
and Those Who Matter Don't Mind."
- Dr Seuss.
Email: amy0223 at gmail.com
msn/windows live: messenger at amybillman.com
AIM: amyk0223
Yahoo: amyb0223
Skype: amyb0223
You can follow me on twitter at: twitter.com/amy0223
Facebook: facebook.com/amy0223
On myspace: myspace.com/clutchfan74