[musictlk] recording question

Foggddm at aol.com Foggddm at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 17:34:47 UTC 2011

Not a huge budget. i used to have an yamaha md 8 that I recorded most of
the instruments for my band's first 2 albums on. What I do is record a click
track with scratch guitar and vocals then record the real guitar, bass tracks
etc. Then I take the whole thing into a studio for the drums and vocals and
mastering. It save a lot of money as i don't spemnd money on experimenting,
editing etc since I do all of that myself. Also it allows me to fix thing
sound wise as I want them. What I would like to do is the same proceedure,
record guitar, bass, maybe vocals and then export the wav files to a flash
drive so they can be imported to a studio for drums and mastering. I have a
tower xp system and 2 laptops. I could upgrade the tower system if necessary.
The reason I like the portastudio is I could plug into the inpput of the
track I wanted, press the red record button and and press the play button. It
had knobs for eq, pan, pad, etc and sliders for volume. It had pre and post
outs and effects send and receive but I never used those sice I rumn all my
effects outboard. It also had mixing and mastering which I did not use since I
can't do drums here at home and so want only the instrument tracks and the
click track.
So, what I want to do is record a click track and scratch track
simultaneoooyusly, then go back and on say track 3 record guitar, then on track 4 2nd
guitar, then on track 5 say bass etc. Then  Export those individual waves to
whereever I take them for finalization. I hope this makes sense. Let me know
if you can help. Manty of the systems I have investigated are graphically
oriented or menu driven by a wheel which are NOT blind friendly.
thanks
dale hayes
lincoln ne