[musictlk] Music DirectorRe: Hello list

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 26 13:36:06 UTC 2011

Brian,
    I am the Music Director for New Life Unity in Tampa, Florida. Our music
team consists of about 10 people. This includes three instrumentalists, each
of whom are also vocalists, four to six other vocalists, and audio visual
support. We do mostly contemporary New Thought/Posi music (lots of Daniel
Nahmod), original songs, contemporary rock with positive messages, and
contemporary arrangements of traditional music.
    I make great use of my IPOD Shuffle for learning new music, frequently
charting the music for the other instrumentalists by ear. We also purchase
printed music if it is available. In such cases, another team member charts
out the music for me. We also use Power Point to project the lyrics for the
congregation. Much of my travel time to and from the church is spent
learning lyrics by listening to the songs on my IPOD or reading the Braille
transcription I have made. If you have any further questions, please feel
free to get in touch with me. You can write to me off-list, if you like, to

SwampFox1833 at Verizon.net

Fraternally yours,
Marion