[musictlk] Cataclysms

Ken The PionEar kenwdowney at me.com
Thu Sep 19 05:19:17 UTC 2013

My friend, doctor Robert Gross and I, have recently created a new piece we would like you to hear. For his part, he created a piece called Bookends through the manipulation of 30 seconds of audio from an earlier piece based on piano and cello. I overlaid the piece with quotes from everyone from Thomas Edison to Borak Obama. The purpose of the piece is to teach that, through the overall godlessness of our nation and the world, we keep repeating our past mistakes over and over, and jumping from cataclysm to cataclysm. You can find it at www.thepionear.net/Cataclysms.html
We also have a piece on Menniere's disease called Dyschord: Hell on Earth, where Dr. Gross does a reading about the condition and overlays music on an atonal piece I created due to frustration at the way the disease effected my hearing. I also added sound effects to make the piece even more interesting. This piece should be listened to with headphones and on an empty stomach, since through 3d positioning it attempts to simulate tinitis and vertigo. It is from this piece that we derived our band name, Blind Labyrinth. A blind labyrinth would be a maze which has no exits, and Menierre's disease is truly a disease of blind labyrinths. Find it at www.thepionear.net/Dyschord.html
You can hear the rest of our music at www.thepionear.net/BlindLabyrinth.html
Enjoy!