[musictlk] talent show

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:19:13 UTC 2015

Hello,
I found a talent show held at my county fair.  It is a
competition, but the prizes are cash prizes as opposed to formal
recording contracts or anything of that nature.  I think it would
be a great way to gain more performance experience and possibly
conquer my fear of stage fright.  However, on the website it
states that no onstage help is allowed unless it's for a small
child.  Would this mean that I would not be able to have a guide
to help me on and off stage? Every talent show (including Ashland
Idol) I've been in, they've always had someone there to help me
on and off stage.  Would this be a reasonable accommodation to
allow me to participate? Going through the route ahead of time
really wouldn't be feasible since nothing will be set up until
the night of.  And for things like this, I've found it easier
just to go sighted guide.  Also, the contestants have to complete
a biography the night of the show.  Would it be unreasonable to
request an electronic sheet I could fill out ahead of time and
just bring it with me or email it to the person so everyone
participating does not ovherear what I'm telling someone else to
write? Even if they could not give me an electronic copy but
could send me a print one ahead of time and I could fill it out
at home with someone, that would work too.  What do you think?
Are the accommodations I listed reasonable in this situation? I
plan to email the coordinator soon, but I don't want to request
something that would not be a reasonable request and waste their
time.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay