[musictlk] How can I take part in a class?

Kociaba Fitness kociabafitness at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 13:53:19 UTC 2017

Hay Tom,
First welcome to the list.
There is no question you can take the class and be able to do all the work.
As was previously said you can tap your foot or verbally express the rhythms
while reading the music with your hands.  I took some jazz improve classes a
few years ago just for fun and the teacher and I worked together to figure
things out.  He looked at it as an adventure.  At that time I didn't know
about braille music  so Someone in the class either the teacher or one of
the other students would read the chart into my digital recorder and I would
have to put it to memory and find recordings of the tune to get the timing
and rhythms down.
I didn't want to make it super complicated for whom ever was helping me so
all I asked for was the notes  F,G,C,Db,F# rest etc.
Just have fun with it and come back here when  or if you have a problem and
I am sure someone will be able to help
Bill

Bill Kociaba
www.kociaba-fitness.com