[MusicTlk] Piano Arpeggio Playing

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Fri Sep 6 01:30:16 UTC 2019

Hi Jo,

The easiest way to do it is by crossing your hands. Play the first
three notes with your left, the next three notes with your right, and
alternate for as many octaves as you need to play. While one hand is
playing move the other hand to the next notes it will need to play.

If you're trying to play an arpeggio of more than an octave with one
hand, you'll have to finger it differently so that you can turn your
thumb under in preparation for the next octave. Well, maybe you won't
have to finger it differently because you're a man, and have bigger
hands and longer fingers than I have. I hope this helps. And, yes,
it's muscle memory!

Blessings,

Linda