[MusicTlk] Blue Yeti Nano Mic accessibility

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:25:48 UTC 2022

Hi Robert:

I have a Blue Yeti that I primarily use for live radio, audio recording
projects, and Zoom calls, and I like it very much. There is a single button
which controls the mic's mode--in other words, the way in which it's set to
pick up sound. That button is accessible and easy to find. However, you
might want to label it if you are concerned about remembering where it is,
as that button feels similar to the mute button.

Also, you mention that you plan to use the Yeti to record music. Though this
works for some musicians, particularly singers, it's not always ideal
because the Yeti is a condenser mic, meaning that it defaults to picking up
all sound around it. If you want to record music, I suggest making sure your
mic is in "cardiod" mode. However, if you want to record something
professionally that you plan to release later, I think it would be much
better to use a mic paired with an audio interface, which others on this
list can speak to better than I can.

Hope this helps!

Chris