[nabentre] mlm is really a great thing

KANE BROLIN kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:08:33 UTC 2009

Hey, guys.  This is my first post ever to this list, as I am a fairly new
member and am just preparing to come to the division meeting in Detroit
later today.

My wife and I have been involved in a couple of MLM's as side projects, and
I agree in principle with what Tribble has asserted.  To overgeneralize on
either side is to be in error.  I've known a handful of folks who have
attained massive success in the MLM structure, and I have a good friend
right now who is extremely happy and reasonably prosperous--as in $3,0-00 to
$4,000 a month net income--through her association with an MLM.  But it
takes a unique combination of human qualities to succeed.

I think you have to be outgoing and you have to be passionate about the
specific product or service being marketed.  But along with that, you have
to be able to evaluate an opportunity rationally and to know how to
distinguish fact from fiction.  One time, a tax advisor told me that
sometimes he works with folks who think they're doing great in an MLM, only
to discover that they're making only $6 or $7 per hour once all the expenses
for doing business are tallied up and factored in.

Cheers,

-Kane