[nabentre] learning how to sell?

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 07:15:17 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am wondering what is a good way for me to learn how to sell?
I have been reading books on starting a business and everyone agrees the
skill everyone needs to succeed is the skill to sell. I would like to
know where would be the best training I can get?

There are two options I can think of. If there are others, I would love
to know.
1. Get hired as a salesman in one of
these <http://www.sellingpower.com/2013/50-best-companies-to-sell-for/>
companies.
2. Join an MLM group and sell their product/s.

I would like to do the first one because I would rather not deal with my
friends or people who I already know and potentially lose their
friendship because they trusted me and I said they should buy a product.
I'm just not sure how one would go about getting a job in one of those
above companies as a low level salesman. Also, I have no idea what
company has good training, other than what it says on the little blurb
above.

As for network marketing, I'm not sure how valuable it is that one
believes in the product in order to sell it. Through a series of events
I got involved with World Financial Group and saw that it is a super
supportive MLM. I have been attending their trainings and I really like
them, but I'm now at the point to where I need to start selling to my
friends. I don't believe life insurance is for students at all and I
think the products they sell are just way too much upkeep for any person
to manage over their whole life. On top of that, their mission is to
educate families about personal finance, but most people have been in
WFG for under 2 years. There is no way in the world that someone can
become a competent financial adviser in 2 years. No way no how. So
although I love the marketing classes, I don't believe in the product at
all. On another note, the trainers at WFG have really gone out of their
way to make sure everything has been in an accessible format. My trainer
is really passionate about having the first blind person in the area
under his teem. I'm not sure if that is something I'll get anywhere
else. I looked at MLM groups at:
this website
<http://www.entrepreneur.com/bizopportunities/categories/net.html>
but none looked like something I know anything about or that sparked an
interest with me.
I think this is kind of crazy, me looking for a network marketing
business, but currently I think it will be the simplest and fastest way
for me to get some sales under my belt with a trainer behind me.

What are other people's suggestions for breaking into sales? I am really
passionate about technology and many people have told me that I should
work for APH, Hims, Human Wair, Freedom scientific or one of those
companies. But not only do I doubt they will higher me, I think that is
too specialized a field and I'm not sure how well such narrow training
will translate to me starting my own business.
Let me say that I'm only looking for a place to get to the top sales
spot and hold it for a couple years. I'm not doing it really for the
money, just the education and experience.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs