[nABEntre] New to the list and wondering if this is an official division of the Nfb

Lauren Merryfield lauren7877 at outlook.com
Thu Aug 6 00:06:47 UTC 2020

Hi,
As far as I know, there are still NFB members who are interested in an entrepreneurial-oriented NFB Division. I, for one.
We need to locate them somehow.

Zoom is free. Webinars can be free. Podcasts can be free. So there is no lack of means to communicate as a new Division as long as we knew a technical someone who could set it up..

I do not currently have a work-at-home venture going, however, I am still interested, as are many others, I would think, especially now.

 I am not aware of the situations around the dispersing of the division we once had. I remember attending a meeting where quite a few people entered the meeting room. When one PURRson rather dominated the scene about a certain mlm business, some people walked out. We did not want a division for just mlm-type companies (multi-level marketing) extolled.

I think it would be helpful for a new Division to have a new name that would include those offering info or options to join including work-at-home ventures, (especially now), mlm's, non-mlm's, small businesses in business for years; small businesses one could join so they wouldn't have to reinvent the business wheel, people looking for such work, or other small business options, and more!

We would need to set some kind of b boundaries, though, on what options the Division would cover and which not and why or why not.

PURRhaps the Division could need another name, not including "business" or "entrepreneurial". "Many more?" "something for you," "different ways," "entrepren ...what?" "all of our biz" things unlike that, haha. Just wanted to get the idea across. (I know some did, without the examples).

No long involved business training. No expensive ones to join.No options where any amount of sight was necessary (system incompatitility with screen readers; required to drive, no opportunities where we would have to file suits etc, to get them to comply; and such reinvention of the blindness whel.  Opportunities to present one's offerings during the convention itself, and separately, as I "think" we do now.

I considered joining the merchants' list, however, I, like most others, thought it was just for vendors." So thanks for that info.

"but wait! There's more!"

Lauren Merryfield