[nabs-l] Bookstore Problem

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:03:08 UTC 2008

Dezman,

That's exactly the point: If you don't have the ISBN, you can't be sure the
book you're going to try and buy from someone else is the same book, same
edition, etc.  It makes buying online a risk most students don't want to
take.  This "company policy" is unethical, in my opinion.

It certainly isn't going to be a valid defense when the whole ADA question
comes up.  That's a little complex because the relationship between most
university bookstores and the universities themselves is not a direct one,
but that's a solvable problem.

Joseph