[nabs-l] Social Etiquette-quote from Dr. King

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:20:27 UTC 2008

Very good point Joseph,
I would like to share a quote from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., "People are
often led to causes and become committed to great ideas through persons who
personify those ideas. They have to find the embodiment of the idea in flesh
and blood in order to commit themselves to it."
Most of us in the NFB were mentored in by a member or members. A good web
site can attract their attention and make them aware, putting something from
a personal nature on it helps to draw them in and initiate contact, and the
most important thing then is the follow up of a relationship with that
someone.

Carrie Gilmer, President
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind
NFB National Center: 410-659-9314
Home Phone: 763-784-8590
carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
www.nfb.org/nopbc