[nabs-l] freinds

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 00:39:44 UTC 2008

We as blind students certainly have a lack of social opportunity, especially
with significant others.  I was lucky to have a boyfriend briefly, until he
found his current gf.  I know his decision wasn't based on social skills or
blindness issues cause his current gf is blind and we're still best friends!
I still always feel lucky to have the friends I have, blind/another
disability or sighted/able-bodied.  I had only 3 real friends in high
school.  Two of them are best friends with each other and invite me to hang
out.  The other is friends with me separately and sometimes invites me to
hang out, but sometimes, I have to ask him.  I simply think it's cause he
has some issues of his own.

Serena