[nabs-l] Disclosing disabilities

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 21 15:15:11 UTC 2009

Jim,
Glad you interviewed for the position.  Perhaps they're taking longer to
decide.  You did the right thing by disclosing you cannot drive and your
visual limitations.
I think driving on the job is rather hazardess.  So don't do it!  If you
want such a position, find an alternative.  Could rehab help pay for a
driver?  They pay for readers.
How about geting a volunteer driver?

I think you should be more open to other jobs to build experience.  What was
your degree in?  How about doing a jobwith parks that does not involve
driving?  Maybe working at an information desk.
Also what is your vision and acuity?  You have a lot and I can see why you
are struggling whether to use it or not.

Ashley