[nabs-l] Info about Fulbright

T. Audrey Medina tmm326 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 21:39:36 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am volunteering with Mobility International USA this summer, and I wanted to let you know that the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) and the Fulbright Program, which are both sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, are trying to encourage more people with disabilities to apply for Fulbright scholarships for study, research, or teaching abroad. Many eligible applicants with disabilities have reported that they are not applying for Fulbright programs because they don't know about the program or don't believe their applications would be competitive. The Fulbright program has previously awarded grants to people with disabilities, and it is an excellent means to gain an international experience.

With the annual Fulbright deadlines rapidly approaching later this summer, I thought I would pass along some Fulbright information.

To read more detailed Fulbright press releases on the U.S. Scholar Program or the U.S. Student Program, you can go to the following webpage:

 http://www.miusa.org/ncde/spotlight/fulbright.

For general information regarding the Fulbright Program, please visit:

 http://fulbright.state.gov.

If you have any questions or comments, you can write to clearinghouse at miusa.org, or you you can contact me directly (info below).  Either way, I think it's worth checking out  the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange's website:

http://www.miusa.org/ncde.

All the best,

Audrey

T. Audrey Medina

Summer Intern, Mobility International USA

Tel/TTY: 541-343-1284

E-mail: intern at miusa.org